Free Library of Philadelphia, Nourishing Literacy, PA
The Claneil Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life of individuals and families in vulnerable and/or marginalized communities. Acknowledging that health and well-being are determined by multiple interrelated factors, the Foundation is interested in organizations that work at the nexus of food, health and the environment on the individual, community and/or systemic levels. Eligible organizations for the Community Fund should be located and/or serve constituents in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania.
Organizations applying for funding should address at least two of the three interrelated issues described below.
- Food: To support a sustainable food system that promotes healthy communities and equity at all stages of production, processing, distribution, consumption, and waste management.
- Health: To improve the health of communities by supporting programs that address the health and overall well-being of individuals and families.
- Environment: To improve the natural and built environments, to enhance people’s relationship with the environment, and to increase awareness of the importance of natural resources and environmental health.
Community Fund grants provide three years of general operating funding ($15,000 per year). Annual $15,000 funding disbursements to grantee organizations are determined based on performance demonstrated in yearly reporting.
How to Apply
- Online LOI Submissions: November 1 – December 1 – Click Here to submit an LOI.
- Application Invitation Notification: February 1
- Application Deadline (for invited applicants): March 1
- Grant Award Notification: June 30
- If you have any questions about this grant program, please contact Andrea Bretting at (610) 941-1140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.